NAEMT B-con Course (Bleeding Control For The Injured)
This course was developed in response to efforts by the U.S. Departments of Homeland Security and Health and Human Services to increase collaboration between Law Enforcement, the Fire Service and EMS in responding to Active Shooter / IED / Mass Casualty events. B-Con is consistent with the recommendations of the Hartford Consensus on Improving Survival from Active Shooter Events. The Hartford Consensus recommends that an integrated active shooter response should include the critical actions contained in the acronym THREAT:
1. Threat Mitigation
2. Hemorrhage control
3. Rapid Extrication to safety
4. Assessment by medical providers
5. Transport to definitive care
The Hartford Consensus Group recommends that the response to a traumatic incident, whether involving an active shooter or some other cause of injury, in fact begins with bystander response. It is with this in mind that the B-Con course was developed and is now being offered.This new 3 hour course teaches participants the basic life-saving medical interventions, including bleeding control with a tourniquet, bleeding control with gauze packs or topical hemostatic agents, and opening an airway to allow a casualty to breathe. The course is designed for NON tactical law enforcement officers, firefighters, security personnel, teachers and other civilians requiring this basic training. As with all of our courses at Archangel Dynamics, this course is led by experienced Paramedics and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs).
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the rationale for early use of a tourniquet for life-threatening extremity bleeding.
2. Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet to the arm and leg.
3. Describe the progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage.
4. Describe appropriate airway control techniques and devices.
5. Demonstrate the correct application of a topical hemostatic dressing (combat gauze).
When signing up, you can bundle an Archangel Dynamics TAC-FAK Pocket Trauma Kit. Bundling will offer a $5 discount on the TAC-FAK. For more information on the TAC-FAK and its contents, click here.
After completing this course, students will receive:
1. Course Completion Certificate.
No refunds. All sales are final. Please see our Terms & Conditions page.